• 100 g – finely sliced Carrots
• 100 g – finely sliced Capsicum
• 100 g – finely sliced Onions
• 100 g – finely shredded Cabbage
• 1 – small tin sweet Corn
• 1 tbsp – Ketchup
• 1 tbsp – Oil
• salt to taste
• For the white sauce:
• 1 tbsp – white flour
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1/2 cup – Milk
• salt and pepper to taste
• For The Base:
• 8-10 slices – Bread cut into small squares
- Take oil in a non-stick pan and stir fry all vegetables till soft and tender.
- Add the corn and cook some more. Add the ketchup and cook for 1 minute more and keep aside.
- Mix flour and oil in another pan and stir for 2-4 minutes.
- Quickly add milk and continue stirring. Should be of thick consistency.
- Take the pan off fire, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a pyrex dish. Cover with the bread squares completely.
- Then put the vegetable mixture on top and spread all over the bread.
- Lastly, pour the white sauce all over. Sprinkle oregano. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Madhu