Spanish Omelet is also known as tortilla Espanola and there are many other alternative names those are Spanish tortilla andamp; Tortilla de patatas. This omlete is most commonly served dish in Spain. It makes an excellent breakfast, lunch, or dinner. But in bars and cafes of Spain, this delicious omelet served as tapa or appetizer and also it is served as a light dinner in Spanish homes. It tastes great whether served warm, cool or at room temperature. So without wasting time here is the best recipe for Spanish omelet ? hope you people there enjoy it!
– 6 eggs
– 3 seeded & finely chopped green chilies
– 2 potatoes, peeled andamp; thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery or fresh coriander
– 1 finely chopped onions
– A pinch black pepper powder
– 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon grated cheese
– 2 tablespoons butter
How To Cook?
1. In a pan, heat oil and add onions fry them till become tender and slightly golden then add potato slices and salt then cook them until tender. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
2. Sprinkle finely chopped celery and mix in the green bell pepper slices. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
3. Break eggs in a bowl and whisk till fluffy then add prepared potato mixture to it and pepper power, grated cheese and adjust seasoning with salt. Whisk them together now to mix well.
4. In a flat bottom pan, heat butter and pour the egg mixture then cover the pan and over MEDIUM heat allow the eggs to set. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
5. When almost set, invert on a large plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes. Add some more butter if needed.
6. When both the sides are cooked well, again slide the omelet on to a plate and cut into slices.
7. You do not need any other accompaniment with this but you can enjoy it with tomato ketchup or butter toasts will be good idea.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes