• 1 cup – heaped Maida (flour)
• 1/2 cup – castor Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – bicarbonate soda
• A pinch of salt
• 1/4 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp – heaped dry Ginger powder
• 1/4 cup – Butter
• 2 tbsp – nuts of your choice chopped (optional)
• 1 – egg, beaten
• 2 tbsp – Honey
• 1/4 cup – buttermilk (room temperature)
• 1/2 tsp – fresh Lemon rind
- Take 1 tsp flour and mix nuts and lemon rind in it. Keep aside.
- Combine flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger powder, salt and cinnamon powder and keep aside.
- Beat sugar and butter, add honey, egg and butter milk.
- Mix in the flour mixture with the sugar mixture and blend well.
- Lastly add the nut flour mixture. Mix lightly.
- Spread into a baking cake tin.
- Bake in a medium heat for 15 mins.
- Insert a toothpick to check.
- Dust with 1 tsp castor sugar if you prefer.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices and enjoy with a hot cup of steaming tea, coffee or milk.
Recipe courtesy of Ash