• 500 g – cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours
• 300 g – Sugar
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Edible silver foil (optional)
- Grind cashews to a fine paste using as little water as possible.
- In a thick-bottom pan, add sugar and the paste.
- Cook on low to medium heat, stirring continuously, till a soft lump is formed.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread the lump on a clean-greased work surface.
- Roll lightly with a rolling pin to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Apply edible silver foil.
- Cool and cut into diamond shaped katlis.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi