• 5 cups – milk, preferably full Cream
• Â½ cup – rice, picked, washed and soaked
• 8 to 10 – green cardamoms, pounded (without skins)
• 20 – Almonds (blanched and sliced finely)
• 6 to 7 tbsp – Sugar
• 20 strands – Saffron (soaked in 1.5 cup warm milk)
- Coarsely grind the rice.
- Bring the milk, cardamoms and saffron milk to boil.
- Stir continuously. After 2 boils pour into a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave at 100% power for 2 mins or till the milk comes back to a boil again.
- Then reduce power level to 80% and continue to cook for 15 mins, stirring thrice.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook for 2 mins more.
- Stand 5 minutes.
- Add sliced almonds and serve hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja