• Besan – 1 cup
• Sugar – 1.75 cups
• Ghee – 3 cups
• Water – 1.5 cups
- Heat ghee and keep aside when melted.
- Mix besan with 2 tbsp of ghee to get a semi-solid consistency.
- Mix sugar and the water in a pan and start heating it.
- Once it starts boiling, add mixed besan in it.
- Put 1 tbsp of heated ghee and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring (medium flame) and once in every 2 minutes, add ghee.
- Continue this until the besan easily comes off the pan.
- Once it does, pour onto a greased tray.
- After about 2 minutes, cut it into pieces and allow it to cool.
- Serve once cooled.
Recipe courtesy of Shamala