• 1 bowl – cooked Rice (long grain Rice)
• 1/2 cup – boneless Chicken
• 1/2 cup – fried anchovies
• Salt and Sugar to taste
• For the sambal – Grind into a paste:
• 5 – dried chillies (soak in water)
• 2 – Cloves Garlic
• 1 tsp – belacan (shrimp paste) or as per need
• 6 – Shallots
• 1/2 inch fresh Turmeric
• Enough oil to saute the sambal
• Shredded Cucumber
• Fried crisp Shallots
• Chopped Spring onions
- First, prepare the sambal. Heat some oil in low flame.
- Add the sambal paste and saute until oil surfaces. Dish out in a bowl.
- In a wok, add 2 tbsp oil, boneless chicken and stir fry.
- Add cooked rice, stir fry until the oil coats the rice nicely.
- Add the sambal, salt, sprinkle some water and stir the rice nicely. Turn off the fire.
- Add the anchovies and mix.
- Dish into a plate, garnish with cucumber, crisp shallots and spring onions.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi