• 2-3 – big sized Onion
• 2 – Tomatoes
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Channa dal
• 1 tsp – mustard and Urad Dal
• 1 bunch – Curry leaves
• 2 tsp – homemade gotsu powder
• 3 tsp – Tamarind extract
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp – oil
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seed when they stop spluttering, add urad dal and channa dhal, followed by curry leaves.
- Add the onions, saute the onions until they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes along with turmeric and gotsu powder.
- When the tomatoes get cooked well, add the tamarind extract and mix them well.
- Add sufficient water along with salt.
- Allow it to cook in low flame for about 10-15 mins.
- Onion gotsu is ready to be served.