• Basmati Rice – 2 cups
• Milk – 2 litres
• Sugar – 250 ml
• Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
• Rose essence – 8 drops
• Cashewnuts – 1/2 cup
• Currants – 2 tbsp
- Cook the rice in one litre of milk, stirring all the time.
- Add the sugar and boil for some time.
- Pour the rest of the milk and boil till it is reduces by half.
- Cut the nuts into long thin slices and put it into the boiling milk along with the currants.
- Take it off the fire and stir till it is cold.
- Add the essence and the cardamom powder.
Recipe courtesy of Nandini