• 2 kg – Pork ( 1 whole piece from the shoulder portion)
• 2 tsp – pepper powder
• 4 – Dried red chillies broken into bits
• 3 pieces – Cinnamon about 1/2 inch each
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 or 3 – onions, sliced
• 1 tbsp – Vinegar
• 1 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste.
- Wash the pork, rub it well all over with the salt, pepper, chilli, powder and turmeric powder.
- Spread the sliced onions evenly in a fairly large greased baking dish.
- Lay the chunk of pork on the layer of onions.
- Sprinkle the broken red chillies and cinnamon over it.
- Drizzle the oil all over the meat and shake the dish so that it spreads evenly.
- Cook in a moderate oven (355 degrees F) for about 1.5 hours till the meat is soft and brown.
- Turn the meat over every half hour so that it browns all over evenly.
- Serve with mashed potato and bread or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White