• 2 large – Eggplants (baingan)
• 1 – Large Onion chopped
• 1 – Large Tomato chopped
• 2-3 – Medium Cloves of Garlic
• Half inch piece – Ginger
• salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Chilli Powder
• 1.5 tsp – Coriander-Cumins powder
• 1/4 tsp – Garam Masala
• 2-3 tbsp – Oil
- Wash baingan and pressure cook with a little water.
- When cool, peel the skin, remove the seeds and mash it lightly with a spoon.
- Make a paste of ginger-garlic and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry it till it becomes soft almost like a gravy.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and the masalas as well as salt.
- Mix well and fry again till oil separates.
- Add the mashed baingan, mix it well and once again fry on medium flame till oil floats on top.
- Serve hot with chapattis or paranthas.
- Also goes well with bajra roti.
Recipe courtesy of Falguni