• 2 – large eggplants
• 1 – large onion, chopped
• 1 – large tomato, chopped
• 2-3 – Cloves garlic, ground
• 1/2 inch – ginger, ground
• salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1.5 tsp – dhania-jeera powder
• 1/4 tsp – Garam Masala
• 2-3 tbsp – oil
- Wash baingan and cook it in pressure cooker with a little water.
- When cool, peel the skin, remove the seeds and mash it lightly with a spoon.
- Make a paste of ginger-garlic and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry it till it becomes soft, almost like a gravy.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and the masalas as well as salt. Mix well and fry till oil separates.
- Finally, add the mashed baingan, mix it well and fry on medium flame till oil floats to the top.
Recipe courtesy of Kavitha