• 8 slices-bread
• 1 tsp-mustard seeds
• 1 tsp-urad daal
• 3 -onion thinly sliced
• 1 tsp- finely chopped Ginger
• 5-green chillies
• Curry leaves
• Turmeric powder
- Steam the potatoes, peel the skin and mash it.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and season with mustard, urad dal.
- Now add sliced onion, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and saute.
- When the onions turn reddish brown, add the mashed potatoes salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and remove from the fire. Let it cool for some time.
- Make small balls out of it.
- Remove the edges of the bread slices, soak in water for a few seconds, take it out and squeeze.
- Take masala and place it inside the bread slices and cover it up just like parathas.
- Fry this in oil until reddish brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of laxmi.prabhu