• A day old French loaf
• 1 cup – Milk
• 1/2 cup – button mushrooms, chopped
• 1/2 cup – cheddar cheese, grated
• 1.5 tbsp – flour
• 1 tbsp – garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp – green chilli, minced
• 2 tbsp – Butter
• salt to taste
- Cut eight 1/2 slices from the French loaf.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add garlic, fry till fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and fry till the liquid from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add flour, fry for few seconds. Add the milk, stirring all the time.
- Add green chilli and salt to taste (remember, cheese is salty). Simmer till the sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese.
- Toast the bread slices on one side. Apply the sauce on the other side.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and grill till the cheese melts. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra Bhat