• 450 g – rangi ruli (or any oily fish like salmon, trout, herring, sardines)
• 2 tbsp – black Mustard Seeds powder
• 3 – Green chillies (or according to your taste)
• 1 – large Onion
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• Salt – to taste
• Oil – 8 tbsp
- Cut and wash the fish thoroughly.
- Make a paste of the onion and green chillies.
- To the paste, add the black mustard powder, turmeric powder, salt with a tbsp of water, mix well.
- Next marinade the Fish with this paste for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed non-stick skillet, fry the fish well on both sides or until they turn light golden brown on both sides.
- Recipe courtesy: Sonali Pradhan