• 600 ml / 1 pint / 2.5 cups – Milk
• 1 tsp – ground mixed spice (allspice)
• 100 gms. / 3.5 oz – dark chocolate
• 4 Cinnamon sticks
• 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz / 1/3 cup – double (heavy) cream, lightly whipped
- To make spicy hot chocolate, pour the milk into a small pan.
- Sprinkle in the mixed spices.
- Break the dark chocolate into squares and add to the milk.
- Heat the mixture over a low heat until the milk is just boiling, stirring all the time to prevent the milk burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Place 2 cinnamon sticks in 2 cups of water and pour in the spicy hot chocolate.
- Top with the whipped double (heavy) cream and serve.