• 4 pound – frozen boneless turkey, thawed
• 8 Cloves – Garlic
• 1 inch – Ginger
• 3 tbsps – Cilantro and Mint
• 1 tsps – paprika
• 1 tbsp – pepper
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsps – Olive oil
• 1 tbsp – Lemon juice (optional)
• 1 tsp – salt
- In a food processor, combine garlic, ginger, cilantro, mint, pepper and salt.
- Turn the motor on and add oil until garlic is coarsely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a roasting pan and rack with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Spread half the garlic mixture over the inside of the turkey.
- Reroll the turkey. Tie firmly with string every 2-inches.
- Spread the remaining garlic and turmeric powder mixture over the turkey.
- Place on rack in the roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the centre registers 170 degrees F.
- Remove from oven.
- Let the turkey stand for 20 minutes before removing the strings.
- Cut into thin slices to serve.
- Spoon pan juices over the turkey.
- Serve with fried onions.
Recipe courtesy of Bramaramba Chandrashekar