• 1 cup – Sago (soaked in water for 3-4 hours)
• 1 kg – large Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
• Â½ cup – Peanuts (roasted and coarsely ground)
• 2 to 3 green chilies (chopped finely)
• 1″ Ginger (grated)
• 2 to 3 tbsp – Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• oil to fry
• 1 Lemon (juice)
• Sugar to taste
• salt to taste
- Wash the soaked sago through a colander.
- Dry on a kitchen towel or on a newspaper for about 2 hours.
- In a large tail, place the mashed potatoes.
- Add the dried sago, crushed peanuts, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilies, salt and sugar to taste.
- Mix well. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Make small ball of this mixture and flatten them.
- In a Kadai, heat the oil to boiling point and slowly deep-fry the vadsas on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney or coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja