• 1 – medium size Carrot
• 1 – medium size Potato
• 1 – medium size beet root (optional)
• 4-5 – beans
• Peas (optional)
• To Grind:
• Garlic – 1 small piece
• Fennel seeds – 3
• Green chilli – 3
• Coriander leaves – 1 stalk
• 1 – medium size onion, finely cut
• To dip:
• 3 tbsp – Maida and add little bit of water and mix them well (it should be pouring like idli flour)
• Take 3-4 slices of bread and powder them (you can also use breads crumbs)
- Finely cut all the vegetables. Wash and pressure-cook with little bit of water, turmeric powder and salt.
- Smash them and keep it aside (if there is any excess water in the cooked vegetables just drain).
- Heat one tbsp of oil.
- Fry onions till they turn brown and add the grounded paste, just fry for few seconds.
- Then add the smashed vegetables and fry till it gets thickened. Wait to cool.
- Then make them into small balls and dip it in the maida batter, immediately smear them in bread powder and spread them in the plate or paper to dry.
- Deep-fry or roast both the sides of them by adding little bit of oil till it turns into brown in the wok or tawa.
Recipe courtesy of Mythili