• 1 – big bunch of Spinach leaves
• 2 cups – Rice (boiled)
• 1 tbsp – sliced Onion
• 1 cup – peas (boiled)
• 1 cup – mixed vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, beans (boiled)
• 4 – eggs (beaten)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp – oil
- Trim spinach leaves and blanch them by placing in a pan of boiling water for half a minute, then plunging them in cold water. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Lightly grease a ring pan and line pan with spinach leaves, allowing the leaves to overhang the edge of pan.
- Heat oil and add onion.
- Fry till golden. Add peas and mixed vegetables.
- Fry for a minute. Add rice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Remove from fire and stir in beaten eggs.
- Spoon in rice mixture into the line mould and fold spinach over to enclose filling. Steam for about half an hour.
- Stand for 10 minutes, and then turn out on to serving dish.
- Serve with a green salad.