Corn cooked in spinach gravy
2 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup corn
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1 small piece of cinnamon
2-3 whole red chilies
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon cream for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan (kadhai), add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, red chilies and fry for a minute.
2. Now add chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
4. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
5. Now add spinach and cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and keep it to cool.
6. Make a smooth paste of the spinach mixture in a blender. Add corn and enough water to make thick paste.
7. Now add lemon juice and boil until done.
8. Garnish with cream.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes