Spicy and creamy spinach dip
1 cup chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
1/2 cup white sauce (see basic)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (optional)
1/2 cup ricotta cheese or mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat butter in a pan, add spring onion and fry until transparent.
2. Add spinach and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in cheese, white sauce and saute for a minute.
4. Add salt, pepper and red chilli flakes.
5. Remove from heat and add mayonnaise, if using.
6. Serve as a dip.
Cooking time: 10 minutes