• 1/2 pound – part skim ricotta cheese
• 10 – oz package frozen chopped Spinach
• 1 – Egg
• 1/4 tsp – grated Nutmeg
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 pound – lasagne noodles
• 2 cups – Italian Tomato sauce
• 1/2 pound – part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Mix ricotta cheese, spinach and egg. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook lasagne noodles according to package directions.
- Cover bottom of (8″ by 5″ by 2″) baking dish with thin layer of tomato sauce. Then arrange a layer of noodles in a dish. Then add a layer of spinach mixture.
- Add a layer of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Repeat this procedure until all the ingredients are used.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with tossed green salad and Italian bread.
Recipe courtesy of Nirmala