• 1/2 kg – good fleshy fish, cut into fillets
• 2 tbsp – Vinegar / Lime juice
• 1 cup – Coriander leaves
• 3 Green chillies
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – Garlic paste
• Salt to taste
• Banana leaves or plastic sandwich bags to steam each fillet
- Grind the coriander leaves and green chillies together to a paste.
- Mix in all the other ingredients and marinate the fish fillets with the paste.
- Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Place each fillet in a piece of banana leaf or a plastic bag and spread a little of the marinade on the top and both sides.
- Wrap well and arrange the fish packs on a plate.
- Steam for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with slices of lemon and onions and mint chutney.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White