• 1 pound – large Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
• 1 big bunch – Romaine Lettuce Leaves
• Grind together to make a paste:
• 1/2 Coconut
• 4 – Green chillies
• Half a bunch of Coriander leaves
• 2 Cloves – Garlic
• 1 inch piece – Ginger
• Half a small Onion
- Take the shrimp and apply the paste to it. Marinate for about 5 hours.
- Take each leaf of lettuce, place around 5 shrimps in each leaf and tie the leaf round the shrimp with thread so as to cover the shrimp entirely. Keep aside for an hour.
- Then place the shrimp wraps in a steamer, and steam 4 wraps at a time for about 5 minutes.
- Once all the wraps are done, place them in a baking dish and bake at 500 degrees F or on broil for 3 minutes, to char the leaves charred. Take out immediately and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Arunava Ray