• 500 g – cleaned, deveined Prawns
• 1/2 tbsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
• 3 tbsp – oil
- Apply salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder on the cleaned prawns and keep it aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. (If you are not using a non-stick pan, you may have to add more oil.)
- When the oil is hot, slowly add the prawns. Make sure all the prawns are touching the pan.
- You could fry them in batches as well.
- At first cook them on high heat for a couple of minutes or till they curl up. Flip the prawns and cook for a minute.
- Lower the heat and cook for about 5 more minutes. Transfer the prawns to an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
- This goes well with rice or you can have it plain.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mareena’s Recipe Collections