• 1/2 cup – fish stock
• 12 oz Broccoli florets
• 1 1/2 lbs – uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
• 1 Clove – garlic, chopped
• 1 tbsp – soy sauce
• 1 tbsp – Peanut oil
• 2 tsp – cornstarch
• cooked Rice or noodles to serve
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. Add chilli, garlic and sauces and mix well.
- Marinate for 30 minutes or longer if time allows.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove.
- Mix corn-starch with 1 tablespoon of stock in a cup.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- Add shrimp to hot pan and stir-fry for 1 minute, or just until they turn opaque.
- Add broccoli, reserved marinade, corn-starch mixture and remaining stock and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.