Phirni is a traditional North Indian dessert recipe. Phirni is milk and rice based sweet pudding, adding strawberry gives it a rich taste. Different nuts added for flavoring the Phirni. Enjoy this Strawberry Phirni Recipe in this auspicious occasion Navratri. You can also choose kesar pista and make Kesar Pista Firni.
– 4 cups toned milk
– 1/4 cup rice or rice flour
– 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
– 4 almonds (shredded)
– 5-6 pistachio (shredded)
– 3-4 cardamom powder
– 2 small silver sheets
How To Make?
1. Soak the rice for about 1 hour and then grind to a fine paste. Add 4 tablespoon of water to the paste.
2. Now, Boil the milk. And then add the rice paste to the milk. Stirring it continuously.
3. Cook the milk at MEDIUM heat till the mixture is of creamy consistency
4. Now, Add sugar and stir it.
5. Again simmer it till it’s completely dissolved and then again boil it for 1 minute.
6. Now, remove it from the fire and then add crushed strawberry and mix it well.
7. Now, pour the mixture into glass bowls.
8. Add ? teaspoon firni to the glass bowls and swirl it lightly on the surface of the firni.
9. Garnish it with silver sheet and a few nut slices and serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes