• 1 kg – strawberries, destalked and washed
• 250 g – Sugar
• 1 tsp – Corn flour
• 2 -3 drops – Strawberry essence
• 1 -2 drops – red food colour
• 2- 3 tbsp – brandy
• 1 litre – party pack vanilla ice-cream
- Sprinkle sugar over cleaned strawberries. Toss, and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Put on slow heat, allowing sugar to melt.
- Cook till strawberries have softened a bit and sugar melts.
- Add corn flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water.
- Stir and allow mixture to become transparent again.
- Take off fire, stir in essence and colour.
- Pour into a serving dish.
- Put ice-cream scoops in individual serving dishes.
- Warm brandy in a small pan, pour over strawberries.
- Light brandy with a match, allow to sizzle.
- Pour ladleful of sizzling flambe over ice-cream in each bowl.
- Make sure to spoon in strawberries and liquid.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering