• 1/2 to 1 cup Sugar
• 1/4 cup – Maida
• 1/8 tsp – salt
• 4 cups – strawberries – washed and hulled
• 2 tbsp – Butter
• Pastry for single crust pie
• Whipped Cream for decoration
- Combine sugar with flour and salt. Toss lightly with the strawberries.
- Fill the baking dish with the fruit mixture and dot with butter.
- Top with the pastry which has been rolled out on pastry cloth to a size that is 1 inch larger all around than the top of baking dish.
- Fold edges of pastry over and press down firmly on the rim of the dish.
- Flute the edges and cut gashes in the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or icecream.
Recipe courtesy of Padma Narasimhan