• 2 – whole mackerels or Pomfret
• 2 tsps – Jeera
• 2 tbsps – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Turmeric
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 2 tbsp – chopped coriander
• 1/2 cup – Vinegar
• 1 – medium sized Onion cut finely lengthwise
• salt to taste
• Juice of 1 Lemon
• Oil for frying
• 2 tbsp – semolina
- Clean the fish thoroughly.
- Remove the innards, scales, fins, part of the tail and slice it on either side lengthwise.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and lime juice. Marinate for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, grind together all the other masala except onions. Make a thickish paste.
- Stuff the fish with this masala and a bit of the onions.
- Apply masala on the exterior of the fish.
- Secure with string if fish is bulging.
- Sprinkle a little rava on both sides and deep fry.
- Serve with sliced onions and lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of May Philip