• 4- large green chillies/jalapenos
• 4 -potatoes, boiled
• 1 Tomato finely chopped
• 2 -onions, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp – chaat masala powder
• 1tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 1/4 tsp – baking powder
• 1 cup – gram flour
- Slit green chillies and remove the seeds.
- Blanch in hot water.
- Making the stuffing:
- Peel and grate boiled potatoes and add onions, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, coriander powder and salt. Mash and mix well.
- Divide in portions same as number of chillies.
- Stuff each chilli with this mix and keep aside.
- Making the batter:
- Mix all ingredients in gram flour and beat vigorously until soft.
- It is better to add a little water at a time, while beating it.
- Heat oil. It has reached correct temperature when a drop of batter dropped in it sizzles and floats to the surface quickly.
- Dip each chilli in batter and coat it well.
- Drop gently in the oil and fry in batches until crisp and golden brown
- Serve hot with green coriander chutney or tangy tomato ketchup.
- Recipe courtesy: Jaisruchi
Recipe courtesy of Jaishree S