Delicious mushrooms stuffed with pepper and bread crumb mixture
12 whole fresh mushrooms
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon chopped onion
2 tablespoon capsicum, finely chopped
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (or any other cheese)
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash and soak mushrooms in warm water for 2-3 minutes. Wipe dry.
3. Break off stems from the mushroom caps and chop the stems finely.
4. Saute mushroom caps in butter until golden brown, for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add onions, capsicum and saute until transparent.
6. Now add chopped mushroom stems, salt and pepper and fry until moisture has disappeared.
7. Now add bread crumb mixture and mix well.
8. Remove from heat and let it cool.
9. Once cool fill each mushroom cap with stuffing, with the help of spoon.
10. Arrange in a baking dish, sprinkle grated cheese on top of mushrooms and bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is brown.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes