Capsicum stuffed with spicy onion and potato filling
8-10 medium sized capsicum (shimala mirch)
3-4 boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
1 chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander (dhania) powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
1/4 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut the top of the capsicum horizontally (like a cap). Scoop out the seeds.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Now add chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
4. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, amchur and fry for a minute. Add mashed potatoes. Mix well and cook for a minute.
5. Stuff the capsicum with the filling prepared above.
6. Place stuffed capsicum in a greased oven tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until capsicum are cooked.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander before serving.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes