• 2 cups – Whole Wheat pastry flour
• 1 cup – Barley flour
• 2 tbsp – Active Dry yeast
• 1 tsp – Sugar
• 1 tsp – Salt
• 1 cup – Luke warm water
• 3 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1/2 tsp – Pepper powder
• 1/2 tsp – Dry Basil leaves
• 1/2 cup – Potato masala
• 2 tbsp – Corn meal (for dusting)
- In a bowl, add lukewarm water, dry yeast, sugar and salt, mix and keep aside for 5 minutes, in a warm place until the yeast turns foamy.
- Combine together the whole wheat pastry flour, barley flour, pepper powder, basil leaves in a large bowl.
- Add the foamy yeast, olive oil to the flour and knead into soft dough (add water if needed).
- Grease a bowl, place the soft dough and let sit for 2 hours in a warm place, until it doubles in volume.
- Knead the dough and make 6 medium sized balls, sprinkle the corn meal and flatten the dough into a disc.
- Place a tbsp of potato masala, cover the masala completely with dough and shape into buns.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350F; line a baking sheet over a baking tray.
- Place the buns on the tray, leaving sufficient space in between.
- Bake in the middle rack for 25-30 minutes, until the buns turns golden brown.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Priya