Suji Dhokla is a savory and steamed snack dish from Gujarat. This instant dhokla does not need fermentation. It is very soft and spongy in texture and very low fat and light to eat. This dhokla recipe requires suji, gram flour, curd and other easily available Ingredients which makes easy for you to cook it. Suji Dhokla is very healthy and gives you energy during the fasting. Let’s have look for this easy and instant recipe.
– 2 cups suji (semolina)
– 2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
– 1/2 cup curd
– 1 teaspoon soda bi-carb/fruit salt
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 teaspoons ginger-chilli paste
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Rock Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 2 finely chopped green chillies
– 7-8 curry leaves
– 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
– 1 tablespoon grated coconut
How To Cook?
To Make Dhokla
1. Mix curd, suji, gram flour, turmeric powder, ginger chilli paste, oil, sugar and rock salt and a large bowl and mix them all.
2. Add water if required and form a smooth consistency batter. Ensure there are no lumps in the batter. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Then add soda bi-carb and lemon juice to the batter and mix well.
4. Heat sufficient water in a steamer and meanwhile grease a dish with oil and fill this dish with the batter.
5. Put the greased dish into the steamer and steam the batter for about 10-15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center and comes out clean.
6. Take out the dish from the steamer and put aside let it cool.
7. Once it cooled cut into square pieces.
1. Heat oil in a pan over a MEDIUM heat.
2. Once it hot, add mustard seeds and sesame seeds and let them crackle.
3. Then add chopped green chillies and curry leaves to it then saut? it for a while.
4. Turn off the flame and pour this tempering on dhokla pieces.
5. Garnish the suji dhokla with chopped cilantro.
6. Serve delicious suji dhokla with green spicy coriander chutney.
Preparation Time: 30-35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons