Sukhi Urad dal (split lentils) is very delicious food with full of protein and iron. Serve with rotis or parathas.sukhi urad dal recipe
– 1 cup washed urad dal (split lentils)
– 2 chopped onions
– 1 tablespoon chopped garlic and ginger
– 2-3 chopped green chillies
– 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
– 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
– 1/2 tablespoon dhania powder (coriander powder)
– 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds (jeera)
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 tablespoon ghee or oil
– 2 cups water
– Salt to taste
– Green coriander to garnish
How To Cook?
1. First of all, clean and wash urad dal properly and soak it for 30 to 40 minutes.
2. Now, take a microwave safe bowl and put ghee or oil and add onions, garlic, ginger, chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and microwave covered for 2 to 3 minutes at 100% power.
3. Now, add dal and water and microwave covered for 15 minutes at 100% power. Stir in between. When done, let it stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Sprinkle lemon juice on the dal and garnish urad dal with green coriander.
5. Serve hot with roti or naan.
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 20 Minute