Tamarind or Imli chutney is a simple and delicious condiment. It’s a must have a dip with most of the Indian snacks like dhokla, samosa, panipuri, onion pakora, bhajiya and more. The combination of jaggery and tamarind gives a perfect sweet and tangy flavor. Tamarind chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 months and can be used as and when required. Here is the step by step process to make the authentic sweet tamarind chutney recipe.
– 50 gm tamarind
– 100 gm dates (khajoor)
– 150 gm jaggery
– 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
– 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
– 1/2 teaspoon rock salt
– 1/2 tablespoon pepper powder
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. Wash tamarind and dates well and remove the seeds from it.
2. Pressure cook tamarind and dates for 5-6 minutes in 1 1/2 cup water.
3. Blend in a liquidizer. Strain. Add 1 cup water to it.
4. Keep on a?flame, add jaggery and all the spices and cook for 5-7 minutes. Then remove it from the flame and let it cool.
5. Store in an airtight container.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 1 Jar