Arbi (Colocasia) is very popular root vegetable. The boiled arbi is cooked with curd and different Indian spices which makes this recipe more delicious.
– 500 gm Arbi (Colocasia) – boiled, peeled and cut into 2 lengthways
– 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
– 1/4 cup milk
– 3 onions – cut into rings
– 1 tablespoon curd
– 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
– Salt to taste
– Juice of lemon to sprinkle
– 1″piece ginger
– 3-4 red or green chilies
– 1 cup thick curd – hung for 1/2 hour
– 1 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
– 1 teaspoon tandoori or chat masala
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 tablespoon carom seeds
– 6-8 crushed peppercorns
– 1″piece ginger – finely chopped and crushed to a paste
How To Make?
1. Pressure cook arbi with 3 cups water to give 1 whistle. Keep on LOW flame for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from fire. Peel boiled arbi. Cut into two pieces lengthwise.
3. Hung curd in a muslin cloth for half an hour.
4. Mix all Ingredients of the marinade to the curd.
5. Grease generously, a wire rack or a baking tray. Dip arbi pieces in the prepared marinade and arrange on the tray.
6. Keep it in a hot oven at 200?C for 25 minutes or till the curd dries up and forms a coating.
7. Heat a kadai on fire. Add carom seeds and dry roast ajwain for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add ? cup milk. Add onion rings. Cook till milk dries.
9. Add 1 tablespoon curd, tandoori masala and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
10. Add the shredded ginger. Mix it well. Keep aside till serving time.
11. At serving time, add the arbi and green chilies.
12. Sprinkle some lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hours
Servings: 8 Persons