• 6 – medium size mackerels
• 3 tbsp – oil
• 3 tsp – chilly powder
• 2 tsp – pepper powder
• 2 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1-tsp – cumin powder
• 1-tsp – coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – Lime juice
• 1-tsp – salt
• 2-tsp – semolina
- Clean and remove the scales, fins and insides of the fish . Wash well.
- Mix all the above ingredients together with a little water to form a paste.
- Slit each fish lengthwise on either side keeping the centre bone intact. Stuff the paste into each fish very evenly on either side of the centre bone.
- Rub some of the paste on the outside as well.
- Place the fish on a flat baking tray and drizzle oil all over the stuffed fish.
- Bake in a moderate oven (355 degrees F) for 25-30 mins till the fish is nice and brown.
- Serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White