• Chicken joints – 500 gm
• Vinegar – 1 tbsp
• Onion – 1/2 cup, ground
• ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
• oil – 2 tbsp
• chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
• Tomato puree – 4 tbsp
• Almonds or Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp, ground to a paste.
• salt to taste
• fresh Cream or Malai to garnish
- Remove the skin from chicken pieces and make deep slits on them.
- Marinate them with vinegar, one and a half tsp chilli powder, one and a half tsp Garam Masala powder and 1/2 tsp salt for 1-2 hours.
- In a casserole, add oil and ground onions. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes, uncovered, stirring twice in between. Add ginger garlic paste and cook on full power for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and remaining chilli powder, Garam Masala powder, and tomato puree. Cook 2 minutes. Add the cashew paste, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces with the marinade and microwave, covered for 8-10 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Serve garnished with cream or Malai with Chappati, Pulao or steamed rice.