• 1.5 cups – Spinach
• 1/2 cup – Toor Dal
• 1.5 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 10 – Dry Red Chillies
• 3 tsps – Grated Coconut
• 4 flakes Garlic
• A lemon-sized Tamarind
• 4 tsps – Tomato puree
• Salt to taste
- Soak toor dal in water for 10 minutes. Soak tamarind in water for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook spinach in as little water as possible.
- Add cumin seeds, red chillies and coconut to the toor dal and grind it to a smooth paste.
- While the spinach is on the fire, add the above ground paste, tamarind extract, lightly smashed garlic, tomato puree and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Heat oil, add mustard, gram dal, curry leaves and pour it into the keerai kulambu.
Recipe courtesy of Maha Krishna