• 1 cup – Urad Dal
• 2 cups – Tapioca (maravallikizhangu) grated
• 1 cup – Chopped Onion
• 3 – Green chillies (chopped)
• 1/2 tsp – Fennel seed powder
• 1/2 tsp – Ginger, grated
• 4 – Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• Oil for Deep Frying
- Soak urad dal for 2 hours minimum.
- Grate tapioca finely and keep aside.
- Grind the soaked urad dal. Only sprinkle some water while grinding.
- When it is half done, add the grated maravallikizhangu and grind.
- Transfer the vada batter to a large bowl.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, chopped cilantro leaves, ginger, fennel seed powder, and salt and mix everything together.
- Heat oil in a pan, make a small ball with the batter, shape like a vadai, and make a small hole in the middle. Fry the vadais in batches.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya