• 3 cups – gram flour (besan)
• 1/2 cup – semolina (suji)
• 2 cups – powdered Sugar
• 1.5 cups – Ghee
• 1/2 cup – Milk
• 1 tbsp – Cardamom powder
• 2 drops – kewra essence
- Warm ghee in a pan.
- Sift flour and semolina.
- Add both of them together to ghee and stir. Fry on low flame, stirring continuously.
- Do not try to roast on high flame as the flour will tend to burn quickly.
- When the flour turns golden brown in colour and starts exuding aroma, take off from fire.
- Now add milk and stir the flour continuously, folding the milk in it.
- Let the mixture cool off for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add sugar, cardamom and essence, mixing them thoroughly.
- Finally, add raisins and shape into round laddus.
Recipe courtesy of Preetu