• 1.5 cup – raw Rice
• 350 to 400g – tender Cucumber
• 1/2 cup – grated Coconut
• Oil, to cook the dosas
• Salt, to taste
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 1-2 hours. Peel and grate the cucumber. Grind the rice with coconut to a smooth thick paste.
- It will become thinner when cucumber is added.
- So avoid adding much water while grinding the rice.
- Mix in grated cucumber and salt.
- The consistency of the batter should be like thin pouring cream.
- Add water if needed.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan and pour about 1/2 cup of batter on it. Spread it with the back of a ladle or katori to a disc of about 2 mm thick.
- Pour a tsp of oil all round it.
- When the under side is cooked, turn the dosa over and pour some more oil to cook the other side.
- Lift off the pan and serve hot with chutney.
- Use all the batter thus.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra Bhatt