• 1 kg – tender Mango
• 1 cup – salt
• 100 gm – chilli powder
• 1.5 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 4 tbsp – gingili oil
• 2 tbsp – mustard seeds.
- Wash the vadumangaai and clean dry with a cloth.
- Place the mangoes in an earthen pot, add turmeric powder, oil and salt and shake the mangoes well for the mixture to mix with the vadumangaai and keep it for a day
- Powder mustard seeds and mix it with the red chilli powder and add to the vadumangaai.
- Stir the mangoes with a wooden spoon twice a day for 5-6 days.
- Do not add any water but as days go by water will precipitate.
- Serve after a week.
- Recipe courtesy: Subbu’s Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Subbalakshmi Ranganathan