Famous spicy and aromatic Thai green curry, vegetables made in coconut milk and basil
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup bell peppers, red and green, diced
1/4 cup baby corn, sliced
1/4 cup beans, sliced
1/2 cup mixed vegetable (peas, carrot, corn kernels)
1 small sweet potato (if no sweetness required, use potato)
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped roughly
2 teaspoon coriander powder
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoon lime juice
5-6 fresh basil for garnishing
3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1-3 green chilies
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
1 inch piece ginger
5-6 fresh basil leaves
1 stalk lemongrass, sliced finely (optional)
1 cup fresh coriander (including stems)
1. For making the green curry paste, blend together the paste ingredients to a smooth paste. Add little coconut milk if required to blend.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add coriander seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Add paste and fry until oil separates.
4. Add capsicum and fry for a minute.
5. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and fry for half a minute.
6. Then add baby corn, beans, potato and mixed vegetable in the pan, add chopped basil leaves, salt and then add coconut milk.
7. Cover and cook, over low heat, until all the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Add lime juice and water as required to maintain a thick consistency.
9. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Garnish with basil leaves.
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes