Til Chikki or Tal Sakri is a makarsankranti (Uttarayan) special food dish. Til chikki is made from jaggery, ghee and sesame seeds. Til and jiggery both are full of irons and minerals which is very healthy so, Til chikki very healthy and delicious food to try into winter season. It’s very easy to make crunchy Til chikki at home. You can make and store it for 2-3 weeks. Til chikki is loved by every family members. Let’s learn how to make Til chikki in this step by step guide.
– 1 Cup Sesame seeds (Til)
– 1 cup Jaggery
– 1 teaspoon ghee
– 1 Teaspoon ghee for greasing
How To Cook?
1. Add sesame seeds into frying pan and lightly roast them for 2-3 minutes until it turns light brown in color.
2. Once the sesame seeds are roasted keep it aside and keep aside.
3. Now, grease the flat plate or dish with ghee and keep aside.
4. Then in another frying pan add jaggery and let it melt over the heat. Then add roasted sesame to the jaggery and mix them well.
5. When the mixture sesame seeds mixed well with the jaggery, pour the mixture over the greased plate and then roll it out into thin sheets with the help of greased rolling pin.
6. Let the mixture cool then cut into square pieces and store it into air-tight container.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 Persons