• 2 cups – Cooked basmati Rice
• 1/4 kg – Tindora (sliced lengthwise)
• 1 – Onion (big and chopped)
• 4 – Tomatoes (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 3 – Green chillies (slit opened)
• 1/4 cup – Coconut Milk
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seed powder
• 1/2 tsp – Fennel seed powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Coriander powder
• 2 – Whole spices (bay leaves, cloves, Cinnamon and cardamom)
• A few Mint or Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Heat oil, fry the whole spices until they turn brown.
- Add the onions and tomatoes and salt, saute until the tomato turns mushy.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies, and cook everything until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the sliced tindoras and cook. When they are half done, add the garam masala powder, red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, fennel seed powder, and coriander powder. Cook on high flame.
- Now add the coconut milk, chopped mint or coriander leaves and cook until the oil separates.
- Add the cooked basmati rice to the tindora masala, toss everything gently and put off the stove.
- Serve hot with raitas.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya