• 1 – bread slice
• 1 – Egg
• a little Butter
- Make a perfect circle in the centre of the bread.
- Add some butter on a non-stick pan and toast the bread.
- Add the egg such that the yolk sits inside the hole in the bread.
- Using a fork, spread the white part of the egg on to the rest of the bread.
- Care should be taken not to break the egg yolk.
- Turn the bread once the bottom part has been cooked.
- If the yolk needs to be cooked a little more, gently press it using a ladle after turning sides.
- Serve with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Vasudha